- A revision to a document. A UCC financing statement can be amended by filing a designated amendment form, usually UCC-3. American Banker Glossary
* * *amend a‧mend [əˈmend] verb [transitive]to make small changes to a law or a document, for example to improve it, to make it more accurate, or to take account of new conditions:
• a controversial plan to amend the Constitution— amendment noun [countable, uncountable] :
• The Securities Subcommittee is considering amendments to the proposal.
* * *amendment UK US /əˈmendmənt/ noun► [C or U] a change made to something, especially the words of a text: »
He insisted that the speech did not need any amendment.make amendments »
Other countries have based their systems on the Scottish model for selling property, but have made a few amendments.an amendment to sth »
She asked for several amendments to the contract.► [C] LAW, GOVERNMENT a change to a law, either one that has already been passed or one that is still being discussed: »
The senator's amendment was voted down 52-40.an amendment to sth »
The regulation is an amendment to the 1995 Pensions Act.► (also Amendment) [C] LAW, GOVERNMENT a law or change that has been added to the US Constitution (= the set of political principles by which the US is governed) since it was first written: »
The company claimed that the First Amendment, which guarantees free speech, protects the right to advertise.
Financial and business terms. 2012.